Your fear of heights will seem silly compared to these 25 phobias that get a little more specific…and totally bizarre! These supposedly spine tingling terrors range from normal everyday items to spooky creatures who don’t actually exist.
I mean…how can someone be afraid of CHEESE??
25. Globophobia: Fear of balloons popping.
24. Ombrophobia: Fear of rain.
23. Geniophobia: Fear of chins.
22. Tryophobia: Fear of holes.
21. Pogonophobia: Fear of beards.
20. Ippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia: Fear of long words.
19. Lipophobia: Fear of fats in foods.
18. Genuphobia: Fear of knees and/or kneeling.
17. Sanguivoriphobia: Fear of vampires.
16. Ergophobia: Fear of work.
15. Emetophobia: Fear of vomiting.
14. Arachibutyrophobia: Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
13. Triskaidekaphobia: Fear of the number 13.
12. Nomophobia: Fear of being out of mobile phone contact.
11. Ancraophobia: Fear of wind.
10. Ephebiphobia: Fear of youth.
9. Xanthophobia: Fear of the color yellow.
8. Myrmecophobia: Fear of ants.
7. Turaphobia: Fear of cheese.
6. Anthophobia: Fear of flowers.
5. Hylophobia: Fear of wood, forests, or trees.
4. Tetraphobia: Fear of the number 4.
3. Omphalophobia: Fear of belly buttons.
2. Scriptophobia: Fear of writing in public.
1. Pentheraphobia: Fear of your mother in law.
To be fair, #1 is a pretty universal fear.
Share with your friends and confess your weirdest fear.